Monday, September 16, 2013

I Believe...

My name is Elisse and I am a believer of many things:

1. I believe in the capability to love
2. I believe in the capability to be loved
3. I believe that families do and should last into the eternities.
4. I believe in being completely and undoubtedly devoted to God
5. I believe in being completely and undoubtedly devoted to the one you love

Now I realize that I am a hopeless romantic - I think it's a quality that people first pick up about me. I also realize that we live in a world where society believes the whole "hopeless romantic" notion to be a dream. Well I am here to tell you that, that is false. Utter blasphemy!

I also don't want to mislead you in that I have a ton of experience in the field of love. I don't. I'm just a 20 year old who knows that love can work. It works because it's something you have to work on. And I believe that it's worth it.

I once heard a little story in which an elderly couple were asked, "How have you two made it so long?" To which they replied, "We come from a time where if something is broken, you fix it."

How precious is that?! Why and how has that common sense changed. We have found ourselves living in a world where when something is broken, you throw it away and get a new one. Why can't we try and fix it first? Granted there are marital situations in which separation may be the only option - such as adultery, abuse, etc. But money? Little quarrels that honestly mean nothing? That's not worth it.

I think that, in relationships, one reaches a point where they don't even know what they're fighting about. They just fight about everything. What's the point in doing that? Does it make you feel any less stressed? Does it make the problems go away? Why not take their hands in yours, sit them down, and tell them how much you love and care about them? I would take that option over anything.

6. I believe that we can change the view of marriage and families.
7. And I believe that I can help do that.

Avec Amour,

Elisse


No comments:

Post a Comment