Saturday, October 12, 2013

It's Kind of a Funny Thing

"This is why we teach there is an eternal family."- Brother Michael D. Williams, Marriage and Family Therapist

When family is concerned, we have the privilege to move away from the natural and into the divine. However, there are decisions and choices that have to made in order to reach the divine.

"What am I going to do to ensure that my family reaches the divine?" Not just my future family, but my current family as well.

I think we sometimes forget the effect we have on our family - it doesn't matter if you're five or seventeen, you can alter your family dynamics.



Meet Tavi Nicole Cook. My cousin. My hero. The only person I've met who's literally perfect - when I thought there was no way I could ever know what it was like to be perfect. Not very many people have the opportunity to say that they know someone who is perfect. And I got to say that. Not only knew someone, but was related to someone who reminded me so much of what I believe Jesus Christ to be. 

In her short life of six and a half years, she accomplished things that were beyond here physical capabilities. She proved herself to be more than others made her out to be. And she truly changed the dynamics of not only our family, but of everyone that even heard about her. She had, and still has, that ability. 

Even though it's been a year and a half since she passed away, she still has that effect on people's lives. It's amazing, really. Because of her, I have changed the way I want to raise my family. Even though she  was unable to walk, breathe on her own, eat, speak, or move, really, moved our family from the natural to the divine. 

And that's what I want to say I achieved in my life - that I had that kind of effect on my family; both current and future. 

And I would like to ask you to ponder the same question - what are you going to do to help your family move to the divine?

Avec Amour, 

Elisse


"Joseph Smith, the aProphet and bSeer of the Lord, has done more, csave Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it. In the short space of twenty years, he has brought forth the Book of Mormon, which he translated by the gift and power of God, and has been the means of publishing it on two continents; has sent the dfulness of the everlasting gospel, which it contained, to the four quarters of the earth; has brought forth the revelations and commandments which compose this book of Doctrine and Covenants, and many other wise documents and instructions for the benefit of the children of men; gathered many thousands of the Latter-day Saints, founded a great city, and left a fame and name that cannot be slain. He lived great, and he died great in the eyes of God and his people; and like most of the Lord’s anointed in ancient times, has sealed his mission and his works with his own eblood; and so has his brother Hyrum. In life they were not divided, and in death they were not fseparated!" - Doctrine and Covenants 135:3


2 comments:

  1. I dont know that I can answer that question as amazingly as I would like to, but I will say this. I love that you posted this today. I have had a more difficult past week than usual and my mind has been going to Tavi all day long. Like you said, she had and still does have the ability to change the dynamics in my life. She's my glimmer of hope, my reminder that everything will work out EXACTLY the way it is meant to. She has helped me restore an even stronger faith in God and that allows me to be at peace more than I had ever thought possible. I always tell people about Tavi, and they immediately get sad but I do emphasize so much that I got the opportunity to be in the presence of an Angel every single day for almost 2 years. How many people have the opportunity to do that?! I am so lucky. Thank you for posting this today Elisse, I know it wasn't "for me" but its exactly what I needed <3 Jenee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your post, Jenee! We really were so lucky to have Tavi in our lives. I hope that all is better soon - I'll keep you in my prayers. Love you!

    ReplyDelete